Tenant Charges (Permitted Payments) from 1st June 2019
Equivalent to one week's rent per tenancy (annual rent amount divided by 52).
Once received along with sufficient evidence of suitability the property will be reserved. A deadline of 15 calendar days is given once the Holding Deposit is received to sign contract securing the tenancy unless an "extension" date is agreed in writing by the tenant and accepted by the landlord
If we intend to retain the holding deposit, we will advise you in writing the reason for this within 7 days of deciding not to enter an agreement. The holding deposit can be used to offset against the tenancy deposit or rent in advance.
The Holding Deposit will be refunded to the tenant within 7 days:
- If the landlord withdraws or the deadline agreement is not met by the landlord.
- If an agreement is not reached before the Deadline and the tenant is not at fault.
The Agent can retain the Holding Deposit only if:
- The tenant withdraws their application.
- The tenant doesn't take reasonable steps to enter into the tenancy.
- The tenant fails a Right to Rent check.
- The tenant provides false or misleading information which materially affects their suitability to rent the property.
- The rental amount agreed at the specified intervals.
SECURITY DEPOSIT - to cover damages or defaults during tenancy
- No greater than the equivalent of five weeks' rent per tenancy with annual rent less than £50,000 per year
- No greater than the equivalent of five weeks' with annual rent more than £50,000 per year
UTILITIES & COUNCIL TAX
- Gas, electricity, fuel, water or sewage, communication services, television licence, Green Deal charge (if any) and council tax etc.
LOST KEY / ACCESS OR SECURITY DEVICE
- Replacement keys or if applicable locks to regain entry.
VARIATION OF CONTRACT - £50 (including VAT) per agreed variation or replacement
- At the tenant's request to include the cost of the preparation and execution of new documentation
- At the tenant's request to include the cost of Right to Rent checks, deposit registration and the preparation and execution of new legal documents
- At the tenant's request to keep a pet at the property (subject to landlord consent)
- Subject to no agreed break clause and landlords agreement, should the tenant wish to terminate the contract early the tenant shall pay the rent until the start date of any replacement tenancy together with the landlord's re-letting costs. The cost will the tenant will incur will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.